Update: The application email address has been changed to email@example.com
At Democracy Works, we believe voting should fit the way we live. To that end, we build technology for both voters and election administrators that simplifies the process and ensures that no voter should ever have to miss an election.
TurboVote, our first service, helps voters get registered, stay registered, and cast a ballot in every election, from municipal to national — and we’ll even mail forms with an addressed, stamped envelope for the local election office. Ballot Scout helps local election administrators track absentee ballots as they travel through the mail, providing transparency in the vote-by-mail process and making it easier to follow up when things go awry. We also work with the Pew Charitable Trusts and Google to ensure that the Voting Information Project’s data is up-to-date and ready from one election to the next.
These services are the work of 20 employees, distributed across four states. We are a growing startup and the executive director needs administrative and organizational help with fundraising to continue growing the organization.
As an assistant, you’ll:
- enter and maintain information about donors in Insight.ly, our client relationship management tool,
- research donors and organizations that may be interested in our work,
- help the executive director with follow-up emailing from conferences, etc., and
- assist the executive director in ghostwriting op-eds and blog posts.
- detail-oriented, and
- an excellent communicator, who can write warm and conversational emails without sounding too informal.
This is a part-time paid internship located in Brooklyn that runs from January through May, 2016. Candidates should email a resume and a reference, addressed to Seth, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Will intern for democracy” to begin the application process.